If you want to generate a URL QR code in Google Chrome, you can use the chrome://flags/#sharing-qr-code-generator feature. This feature allows you to generate a QR code for any URL that you are currently visiting in Chrome.
What is a QR code?
A QR code is a two-dimensional barcode that is readable by QR scanners, smartphones with QR code reading capability, and other devices. QR codes can be used to store information such as website URLs, plain text, contact information, or other data.
How to generate a QR code for a URL in Google Chrome
If you’ve ever wanted to generate a QR code for a URL in Google Chrome, there’s a new hidden feature that lets you do just that. All you need to do is enable a new flag in Chrome’s experimental settings.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Type chrome://flags into the URL bar in Chrome and hit Enter.
2. Search for “QR Code Generator” and enable the flag.
3. Restart Chrome.
4. Now, whenever you’re on a page that you want to generate a QR code for, just click the new QR code icon in the URL bar and a QR code will be generated for that page. You can then scan the QR code with your phone or another device to open the page.
This is a handy feature if you want to quickly share a URL with someone without having to type it out or email it to them.
How to use Chrome flags to enable the QR code generator
Assuming you already have Google Chrome installed on your computer, follow these steps to enable the QR code generator:
1. Open Google Chrome and type “chrome://flags” into the address bar. This will take you to the Chrome Flags page.
2. Search for the “Enable QR Code Generator” flag.
3. Click the “Enable” button next to the flag.
4. Restart Google Chrome for the changes to take effect.
Once you’ve restarted Chrome, you’ll now be able to generate a QR code for any URL you visit. To do so, simply click the “Generate QR Code” button in the Chrome toolbar and a QR code will be generated for the current page.
Tips for using the QR code generator
1. Make sure the QR code is visible in the center of the screen. If it is not, try zooming in or out.
2. If the QR code is still not visible, try changing the background color. A white background usually works best.
3. Make sure the QR code is not blurry. A clear QR code is much easier to scan.
4. Try to avoid glare from the QR code. If it is too bright, it may be difficult to scan.
5. If you are having trouble scanning the QR code, try using a different QR code reader.
1. Open the Google Chrome browser on your computer.
2. Type “chrome://flags” into the address bar and press Enter.
3. Search for the “Enable QR Code Generation” flag.
4. Select the “Enabled” option for the flag.
5. Restart the browser for the changes to take effect.
6. Open the website or URL that you want to generate a QR code for.
7. Right-click on the page and select “Generate QR Code.”
8. A QR code will be generated and displayed on the page.
Thanks for reading! I hope this article helped you learn how to generate the URL QR code in Google Chrome browser using Chrome flags. If you have any questions or comments, please leave them below.